Skip to main content

Blackpool Coastal Housing manages your home on behalf of Blackpool Council. 

Moving into your new property is an exciting time and it is important that you know what you can expect from us and what you need to do to make sure your tenancy runs smoothly. 

Your Tenancy Agreement provides you with guidance on your responsibilities as a BCH tenant as well as what you can expect from us as your landlord.

As a Blackpool Coastal Housing customer, we want you to be happy in your new home. Our Lettable Standard guide explains what to expect when you accept a property from us.

For safety, the gas supply is capped off when a property is empty.

You will need to make a record of the meter readings on the day you move in and provide these to the suppliers in order for them to set up your utility account. 

Once you have registered your details with your preferred provider and the account is set up in your name, you will need to telephone the Repairs Hotline to arrange an appointment to get the supply uncapped. We normally require a minimum 24 hours’ notice to do this for you.

Please note: Until you have requested for your gas supply to be uncapped, you will not have any heating or hot water in your home. In addition, water systems may have been drained for frost protection. The engineer will re-fill these when uncapping the gas.