Skip to main content

Contents insurance is one of two main types of insurance you can get for your home and covers the contents of your house in the event of loss, damage or theft.

Contents insurance can also protect your belongings from events outside your control, including fire, theft, storms, floods, ground moving below your property (subsidence) and water leaks.

BCH and Blackpool Council have recognised some of the problems that our customers face in obtaining home insurance.

The Simple Home Contents Insurance Scheme enables you to insure your home for as little as £1.08 per week and is geared towards your needs. Underwritten by RSA, this scheme offers peace of mind and premiums can be paid either weekly, fortnightly, monthly or annually.

We have agreed an easy, affordable Simple Contents Insurance scheme with Royal and Sun Alliance for our tenants and leaseholders where you can pay Royal and Sun Alliance directly.

If you would like further information on this scheme you can contact the Homeownership team or call Royal and Sun Alliance on 0845 6718 172.