Our Sheltered Housing service provides high quality, safe and secure accommodation for people who want to live independently in the community but need some support. We manage 21 schemes across the Blackpool area and each offers the following benefits:
- Peace of mind with 24 hour assistance through the connection of each home to either a Sheltered Housing Officer or Blackpool's Vitaline service.
- A Sheltered Housing Officer who can provide advice and help new customers to settle in.
- Daily/weekly intercom calls.
- Weekly visit.
Our Sheltered Housing Officers work Monday to Thursday, 8am - 4.30pm (4pm on Fridays) and during these hours will respond to any calls that have been made via the intercom call system.
Our Sheltered Officers will also:
- complete your ‘Getting to know you’ document.
- provide regular reviews or when any of your circumstances change.
- signpost you on various topics such as activities in the community centres, repairs and adaptations.
- make referrals to other services and agencies if required.
- work with a variety of internal and external agencies to maintain safe and secure neighbourhoods, including the local Policing team.
- introduce and promote our Community Activities Officer.
- provide information on the activities and groups that take place in the community centre.
In emergency situations, we will enter your home and may contact any relevant services, agencies or family members. If we can't ascertain your whereabouts during a scheduled visit or contact, we will enter your home to carry out a welfare check.