“Inspiring people to build sustainable communities”
We believe all at BCH have a pride in what they do, they care about their customers and work hard to deliver positive outcomes in all that they do, in short they demonstrate,
Positivity - We take pride in BCH and the services provided to our customers and are passionate about listening to what people need.
Respect & Compassion - We are committed to being fair to people and treat everyone we meet with dignity and respect.
Integrity - We are accountable for being honest and delivering on the promises we make and take responsibility for our actions and the outcomes achieved.
Dynamism – We will strive for continual improvement and respond to the changing needs of our communities.
Energy – We will be creative and consider innovative solutions to support our customers and communities.
Internal and external customers can expect that we will:
- Be clear about the level of service our customers can expect from us
- Be good at what we do. If we don't get it right first time, we will apologise and try to make it right
- Respond to customer enquiries in a timely manner and keep them informed of what action we are taking
- Be polite, friendly and avoid the use of jargon when we communicate with our customers
- Have a positive, can-do attitude and be progressive in our thinking
- Aim to prevent discrimination and promote equal opportunities in all our dealings with customers and treat everyone fairly
- Give our customers choice in how they access our services where possible
- Show empathy and understanding
- Listen to the views of our customers to help make improvements and drive services forward
- Be respectful in all our communication, both internally and externally
- Be considerate of the workloads of our colleagues when making requests for their help and time
- Take the time to listen to our customers and try our best to understand their needs or concerns
- Try our best to find out which organisation can help if we can't
- Take responsibility for our actions
- Take the time to explain our decisions
- Be open and honest
- Answer customer enquiries accurately and as fully as we can, only referring them to another person if absolutely necessary
- Adhere to relevant policies and procedures
- Be transparent about what we can deliver and how long it will take
- Respect our customers' right to confidentiality
- Deliver services in a way that offers good value for money
How will we monitor our standards?
- Performance Data
- Tenant Satisfaction Measures
- Customer Feedback and Complaints
- Mystery Shopping and Scrutiny
- Supervision and Audits