Last Modified June 13, 2017
The Right to Repair scheme ensures that certain small urgent repairs (costing £250 or less to complete) are carried out within a set time scale. These are repairs which may affect your health, safety or security. Should our contractor fail to complete the repair within the time scale, you may request a second contractor carry out the work. Compensation may be paid out to you if the second contractor fails to complete the work on time.
Which repairs come under the scheme?
If you are unsure which repairs are included, other than those listed below, contact the Repairs Hotline who will be able to advise you.
- Unsafe power, lighting sockets or electrical fittings
- Unsafe gas appliance or gas installations
- Leaking roof
- Toilets which do not flush
- Blocked sink, bath or basin
- Leaking from a water or heating pipe, tank or cistern
- Loose or broken banisters or handrails
When you contact us to report a repair we will advise you how long the repair will take, who the contractor is carrying out the work and the date and time it will be carried out. Should we fail to complete your repair on time, tell us as soon as possible on our FREEPHONE number Tel: 0800 073 0184.