Last Modified June 13, 2017
Blackpool Coastal Housing will ensure that the fixtures and fittings in your home are upgraded as part of our planned improvement and refurbishment programme. This includes kitchens, bathrooms, heating systems, electrics, windows, doors and roofs.
We appreciate that making these improvements to your home can be a disruptive and worrying time. BCH has a dedicated Planned Maintenance Team who will consult and work with you throughout the process. You will be asked to make choices on new fixtures and fittings, such as bathroom and kitchen styles and colours.
Our 6 yearly external painting programme includes repainting woodwork, maintenance of gutters and rainwater pipes, outside repairs to doors and windows and redecorating communal areas within blocks of flats.
Improving your Home to the Decent Homes Standard
To ensure that your home meets a minimum standard, the Decent Homes Standard has been set by Government. This states:
- You should have a safe, healthy and hazard free home
- Your home should be in a reasonable state of repair
- We will ensure that your home has a reasonably modern kitchen, bathroom, boiler and heating system
- We will ensure that your home is reasonably insulated
Planned Works for 2014 - 2015
- We will be replacing 205 boilers with new energy efficient condensing combination boilers within the Grange Park and Bispham areas.
- 153 kitchen and 60 bathroom refurbishments will be completed in various properties throughout Blackpool.
- Fire Upgrade works will be completed in various communal areas in order to comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order. This work will include painting, lighting, signage, fire doors and refuse disposal and storage.
- The balcony replacement/refurbishment works will be completed at Newby Place, Clifton Road and blocks within Bispham and Grange Park.
- Information is currently being collected to schedule works to replace windows and complete external refurbishments including roofing, rainwater pipes, fascias, soffits, rendering, pointing and decoration.
This page will be updated with information as soon as it's available so keep visiting to receive regular updates. If your home is included in a programme of work, a representative will contact you to arrange a full consultation.