Last Modified June 13, 2017
Smaller Homes Scheme
Our Smaller Homes Scheme is aimed at helping customers of pensionable age who live in larger properties downsize to a smaller home that might be more suitable for their needs.
If you are interested in moving to a smaller home, you can register for a transfer by logging into the MyHomeChoiceFyldeCoast website. You will need to have a live application (if your application is live you will have been issued with a unique reference number) so that you can 'bid' (express your interest) on properties. You must have lived at your current property for at least 12 months. For information on how to complete an application, go to our How To Apply For a Home page.
What Are the Benefits of Moving?
- Lower Utility Costs
- Easier to maintain - decorating and gardening
- Property is more suitable - ramped access or level access shower
- Closer to family and friends who can offer support
What Incentives Are Available?
- Removal Costs are paid for
- Assistance with packing if required
- Arrange for the disconnection and reconnection of appliances
- Assistance towards the re-fitting of carpets
Note: These incentives will be considered according to an individual's circumstances. If there are rent arrears or any breach of tenancy, we will be unable to offer any of the incentives.
If you would like to bid on a home but are unsure how, please contact a member of the team who will be happy to help. We can also give advice on local areas, what support services are available and other relevant information.