We understand that community groups and residents are keen to start reconnecting through the use of the Community Centres. Following the lifting of lockdown restrictions on 19th July we have made the decision to re-open all of our Community Centres with effect from Monday 9th August 2021.
The safety of our residents continues to be our main priority and we remain cautious given the current levels of the virus; it is important that the following basic safety requirements laid out below are followed. Where groups are unwilling to follow the guidance or choose to ignore it, we will reserve the right to restrict access while the virus is in circulation in order to protect other users and staff.
Guidelines for User Groups:
- The lead booker for the organisation or group will be responsible for checking the cleanliness of the centre and cleaning any surfaces as necessary before activity commences. The maximum number of attendees at any one session will be set for each centre and must not be exceeded.
- Organisers should seek to encourage attendees to take up the offer of a vaccine not just for their own safety but as a courtesy to other users of the centre and staff.
- All people attending a meeting or activity will be expected to wear face coverings when circulating around the building for any reason.
- Groups are advised to open windows while using the centre to increase the circulation of clean air remembering to close windows at the end of the session.
- All users must follow the existing guidance on social distancing and hand hygiene to protect fellow users and staff.
- At the end of each session surfaces should be wiped down and furniture returned to the position it was in before the session started.
For queries or bookings, please contact the Sheltered Housing Team:
T: 01253 477898