Last Modified January 24, 2019
Here at Blackpool Coastal Housing we have approx. 450 garages available for rent. Garages can be rented by both BCH tenants and private residents of Blackpool - though priority is given to those living in a BCH property. Garages must only be used for storing a vehicle - and regular audits are completed to ensure this is the case.
How To Apply
Complete a Garage Application form here and return it to the address stated on the form. You can also return completed application forms by hand to the Grange Park estate office.
We operate a waiting list for garages and they are offered in date order, using the following priority:
- BCH tenant who is registered disabled
- BCH tenant
- Private resident who is registered disabled
- Private resident
Once you reach the top of the waiting list, you will be contacted by a member of BCH staff and asked to call in to sign a tenancy agreement and pick up your new garage keys.
How Do I Pay Rent On A Garage?
Rent is charged weekly and can be as little as £7.50 per week (though this can vary and VAT is applied to garages let to non-BCH residents).
For ways to pay your garage rent see here.
How to end your garage tenancy.
If you are renting a garage from us and would like to end your tenancy, please follow these steps. Please note that we require 4 weeks notice if you are thinking of ending your garage tenancy.
- Complete a Garage Termination Form here.
- Return your Garage Termination to the address stated on the form or hand it back into the Grange Park estate office.
- Once we have received your termination, we will write to you to advise what date the tenancy will end.
- You must return your keys to us at the Grange Park estate office on or before the termination date.
- You must ensure that the garage has been cleared of all items before you return the keys. If you don't, you will be recharged for any clearance costs.
If you have any queries, please contact us at the Grange Park Housing Office on 01253 477900 (option 3)