Care and Repair
Last Modified January 14, 2019
Care & Repair is Blackpool’s Home Improvement Agency – working with people of all ages in Blackpool by helping them to live independently in their own homes by keeping them safe, warm and secure.
Our services include;
- Boiler repairs or replacements
- Heating installations
- Draft proofing to windows, doors, letter boxes
- Window replacements (lounge and bedroom only)
It is for Owner/Occupiers who:
- Are on low incomes with minimal savings
- Have a member of the household who have a long term cold related illness
- Struggle to keep warm at home and it is affecting their health
Replacement White Goods - providing help to Blackpool residents to replace broken washing machines, fridges and freezers.
To qualify you must be;
- In receipt of a means tested benefit or on a low income
- Suffering with a chronic health condition
Home Owner Assistance (HOA) - services are aimed at helping residents in Blackpool with financial assistance to help with essential repairs to their property.
To qualify you must be a;
- Homeowner on a means tested benefit
- Homeowner on a low income
If you are not entitled to HOA we may be able to provide assistance with accessing alternative charity funding.
These works are usually priced at under approximately £1000 and are normally completed within 5-10 working days. These types of work may include wall to floor scaffolding rails with a step adaptation, door threshold alterations, door widening and lowering work surfaces. Referrals are normally received from Adult Social Care and Occupational Therapists
This service is open to all ages and tenures who are:
- Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons
- Owner Occupiers; Private Rented; Housing Association properties
Certain criteria and eigibility apply
The scheme provides an essential repairs service to enable victims of domestic abuse to return to or remain living in their own homes.
Referrals can be made by any professional involved with the service user. The service is open to all ages and tenures and is not means tested
Blackpool Community Equipment Services (CES)
Care and Repair work closely with NHS (Clinical Commissioning Group) CCG & Blackpool Council Adult Services Commissioners, all Blackpool Health Professionals, in particular, Occupational Therapists (OTs).
Assessments are carried out by OT’s for both adults and children who have disabilities requiring specialist equipment to help them to live at home and maintain their independence. These assessments and interventions significantly reduce hospital admissions.
We also provide this service to customers who live outside Blackpool but whose GP is based in Blackpool.
Warm Home Fund
The Warm Home Fund project offers energy efficiency and health related solutions to vulnerable residents living in poor conditioned properties and / or the most vulnerable households across Lancashire.
Referrals can be made from a variety of sources, which include:
- Self/ Carers / Family
- Housing Professionals
- Local Authority Staff e.g. Social Workers, Community Workers
- NHS Health Professionals e.g. District Nurses, Hospital Discharge Teams, GP Surgeries, Health Centres
- 3rd Party Organisations e.g. Age UK, Lancashire Constabulary, Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service
The project will aim to target the vulnerable 'fuel poor' residents who are already engaged with health professionals or third sector organisations. Typically customers will be difficult to reach residents who will need additional support and help with installing affordable warmth measures.
Care & Repair staff will complete all relevant eligibility paperwork with potential customers and explain the process to them. A home visit will then be made by a caseworker, which may include a survey, provide benefit and energy advice or complete a home energy audit. Once assessed and approved, the customer and the relevant contractor will be contacted to proceed with the works.
For more information about any of these services please contact Care & Repair
Tel: 01253 477900 (select option 4, then option 2)