Last Modified June 13, 2017
We appreciate that customers may need to report a repair when the Repairs Hotline is closed. If the repair is an emergency we provide an Out of Hours service.
The aim of the Out of Hours service is to:
- Ensure that the emergency repair is made safe. We may have to return to the property the following day to complete the repair
- If the property itself has been affected as a result of the repair this will also be made safe
- Ensure that residents living or visiting the property are not left in danger in their home
Examples of Emergency Repairs
Not every repair can be classed as an emergency. Examples of an emergency repair may include:
- Burst or leaking water pipes; if the leak or burst pipe has a large amount of water 'flowing' out - this will be treated as urgent and we will ensure this is made safe. If it is a 'drip' (not enough to fill a bucket overnight) an appointment will be made for the next working day
- Sewage which is overflowing inside your home
- Home Security. This includes damaged external doors and windows that have become insecure as a result of a crime or similar. We ask that these are also reported to the Police as a crime reference number is required. If the damage was caused as a result of a customer's own actions, it is their responsibility to arrange a repair as a recharge will apply if BCH have to carry out the repair. See rechargeable repairs for more information.
The Out of Hours Emergency Service is available during the following hours:
- From Monday to Thursday 5pm - 8am
- Friday from 5pm through to Monday 8am
To report an out of hours emergency repair, you can call the Repairs Hotline telephone number on 0800 073 0184.
Please note: Repairs reported through the self service portal will be dealt with the next working day.