Last Modified June 13, 2017
Blackpool Coastal Housing provide a handyperson service to help customers complete small repairs that they may be unable to carry out themselves. The service is available to customers who fall into any of the categories below:
- Any new customer (within the first 12 weeks of their tenancy)
- Anyone who is aged 65 and over
- Anyone who may need extra support with their tenancy
- Anyone receiving Disability LIving Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
The service can also help with the following small repairs:
- Fitting curtains and blinds
- Hanging pictures and mirrors
- Fitting shelves and bookcases
- Erecting small items of flat pack furniture
- Refitting doors after carpets have been fitted
The service will not undertake work which includes gas or electrical repairs. It will also not undertake work which is located on the outside of a property from the first floor or above, such as roof repairs or exterior repairs.
If you would like to book the handyperson service or would like to enquire if a small repair is included as part of the scheme, Contact Us on the Repairs Hotline.